Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Time out

Ever have a time when you just have to slow down a little with your sewing because it's starting to feel like work? That's how I'm feeling right now. Still recovering from Celtic Solstice, I guess. It was completely mentally exhausting. I've learned the hard way not to sew anything important in that state. I really want to finish the Dancing Nines quilt, but I just had to take a small break from the "have to" sewing for a little bit. Plus, have you checked the calendar? Aaahh!

 Not that I'm panicking or anything.

But that doesn't mean there has been no sewing! Here are a few things I did just to relax:


This is a start on another quilt. I thought it would be a baby quilt, but now I think it would make a great throw size so that you could see the secondary patterns. Last summer I did all 100 of the Tula Pink blocks and made three quilts from them, including this one:


and this adorable one that I am keeping forever:


Artsy pictures! I also made another one that I gave to my brother in law, but I never got a picture of it.

The black and white block above is made from Tula Pink's block #49. It's in pink and green in the baby quilt above. I think a different (more open) black and white would be better and make a nice quilt. This black and white is lovely on the bolt, but it comes out looking too gray and striped. It would be better in a different project.

Then there is this:


These are some of the more than 300 blue and white HSTs that I've been making as a leader/ender project for a while now, all trimmed and ready to use. I guess it's time to put that quilt together! 

I did a little shopping, too:



Stunning photo, I know, but this is the new orange that I picked out to use with the aqua triangle quilt. I think I also finally have a plan for it too, so that will come soon.

So, I'm doing some relaxed sewing for right now, but the Dancing Nines is still calling my name. I'll probably get to it as soon as I clean out the danged sewing room. Again. There are pink and green bits everywhere!

Have a relaxing week friends!

Linking to Connie, Lee, and Lorna, as always!

8 comments:

PaintedThread said...

Love, love, love! that second quilt (with the creams, blues and greens). Nicely done.

Anonymous said...

Those blocks look like so much fun. You made tons of them! I can't decide if I like the green and cream one or the bright pink one better. They are both great. I've said it before... You are so productive!

Angie said...

Oh yes, I too am in LOVE with the second, bright beautiful gorgeous luscious quilt!! :) And I love the block that you made to 'relax' with---can you tell me who the block is by---the black/white background with the colored half square triangles? I think I may have to make a couple. ;)

Daryl @ Patchouli Moon Studio said...

Nice quilts.

Cathy said...

I'm right with you. When I have a bunch of "have to" sewing, I sometimes need to take a break with what I call "brainless" sewing. You're projects look fantastic!

Kate said...

Beautiful samplers! I love all the brights in the second one.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

Oh I know that feeling! Great variety of samplers. I would have kept that adorable bright one too!!

Vivian said...

Samplers two ways, love it! Great setting on the blue and yellow throw. Very impressive that you made all 100 of Tula's blocks!